Phone: (800) 422-4828 or (229) 924-6935
Assistance for veterans with disabilities
If you’re a veteran with a impairment, the best types of economic assistance can reduce the dimensions of your home loan you may possibly need. Types of housing support for veterans with disabilities consist of:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, often called the VA, provides housing funds to aid veterans who possess particular disabilities linked to their amount of time in solution. Because of the Specially Adapted Housing funds (SAH) or Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) Grants, qualified veterans can get assist in buying, building or renovating to obtain houses that meet their requirements.
To try to get the SAH/SHA advantage, you’ll want to fill in and submit VA Form 26-4555. A form can be got by you by:
- Using online
- Getting a duplicate associated with the kind electronically and mailing it to your nearest Regional Loan Center
- Calling the VA at (800) 827-1000 to own a questionnaire mailed to you personally
- Visiting your VA that is nearest regional workplace
Contact the VA
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 810 Vermont Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20420
E-mail: sahinfo. Vbaco@va.gov Phone: (800) 827-3702 TTY: (800) 829-4833
Homes For Our Troops
Homes For Our Troops is just a nonprofit agency committed to buying or building particularly adjusted houses for veterans severely injured in Iraq and Afghanistan after Sept. 11, 2001. Other basic requirements include:
- Resigned or in the entire process of medical your retirement from armed forces solution.
- Gotten a page of eligibility for the VA exclusively Adapted Housing (SAH) system.